About Kheerganga Trek
Kheerganga is a trek that is recommended every time the topic of trekking through the Himalayan region is brought up, and especially when it comes to the Paravati Valley. This amazing trek takes you through some of the most mesmerising scenery, and the best thing is that it does not really require you to be a master at trekking. You don’t need any experience to do this trek, and that is what makes it a perfect trek to do with families and friends, as this is enjoyable for both the professionals and the beginners of the trekking adventure.
While you stroll through the majestic landscape of the state of Himachal Pradesh, you will get to witness some exquisite sights that nature has to offer. While you travel to Kheerganga from the town of Kasol, you will witness an abundance of picturesque waterfalls, and make sure you capture each of these places, as there are not many places that can match this beauty.
- Kheerganga Trek is without a doubt one of the most amazing treks located in the beautiful mountains of the Himalayas. You get to gaze upon exquisite sights of the meadows, forests that are blooming with pine trees, a couple of cascades and also cross beautiful towns as you reach the summit that sits at an altitude of almost 10,000 feet.
- Let the locals tell you stories and secrets about why Kartikeya, the son of Shiva meditated here in Kheerganga for over a thousand years. Also, visit the holy hot water spring of Parvati Kund, just the thing that you need to relax in the cold climate of the hills.
- Home to a rather mixed culture of Indian and Hippie, Kheerganga is a very interesting place that you are sure to fall in love with.
Be prepared to capture some stunning landscape photographs while you stay here, as Kheerganga offers you some absolutely stunning scenery with its sunsets and trekking routes that are as beautiful as anything with forests covering them. Get yourself a cool session of mental therapy, as you camp under the starlit sky of Kheerganga, right at the top of Parvati Valley.
Kheerganga Treeking Quick Facts:
Start/End Point: Barshaini
Start Time/End Time of Trip: 09:00 AM (Day 1) and approximately 12:00 PM (Day 2)
Kheerganga Trek Height: 9600 ft.
Temperature Range: Day: 8°C to 15°C; and Night: 0°C to 3°C
Kheerganga Trekking Distance: 14 KM
ATM: Last ATM is in Kasol
Mobile Network: BSNL works the best in these high altitude areas
Trekking Gradient: Easy to moderate
Kheerganga Trek Package Inclusions:
- Stay: Alpine tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast and dinner
- Professional Trek Leader cum Guide
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
How to reach:
The starting point of the Kheerganga trek is Barshaini located at a distance of 20 km from Kasol. You can arrive at Barshaini by your own private vehicle or can opt for a separate cab/sharing cab from Kasol to Barshaini.
Kheerganga Trek Itinerary
Day 1 – Trek to Kheerganga Top
The exciting Kheerganga trek commences with meeting our representatives at the little hamlet of Barshaini, near Kasol. With Parvati River escorting us on the journey through these majestic places of natural beauty where we can feast our eyes on an abundance of picturesque waterfalls and the insubstantial sky. Get to admire the baffling view of the Himalayan range and shimmering Tosh river on your journey. After trekking for some 6-7 hours, we reach the much-awaited Kheerganga village and lose ourselves with a sight of the brilliant landscape from the top of the hill. After you are done with seizing the beauty of Kheerganga in your cameras, get ready for a divine dip to wash off the fatigue of the trip in the beautiful Parvati Kund, it is a widely believed idea that just a single bath in this hot spring will release all your ailments. During the evening hours, we all will enjoy a fun music session, next to an intimate campfire before going to your tents for the night and get some much-needed rest.
Day 2 – Descend to Barshaini
After we all have had a hearty breakfast at the campsite, we pack up and get ready to trek backwards to Barshaini. Our beautiful Kheerganga Trek package ends here, and we all go back to our lives carrying a bag full of memories to cherish for our entire life.
Things to bring to the Kheerganga Trek
- Led torch (with extra batteries)Mandatory Item
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Thermal inners
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf